Off the face of the earth…not quite…!!!

Gee, been busy, very busy, with lots of things except the boat. Have not been able to get near it for a while. The last time I got to do anything was when I started to fit the internal bulkheads/seat uprights and BANG…they didn’t fit…!!! So I know what I get back to it there will eb a fari bit of working out. I figured out why they dont fit. The cut-out sizes are spot on ot the plans but I did not follow what Dudley said regarding epoxy and now I am paying for it. Will fill you in with some photos when I unbury the boat from under my daughters house stuff.
Also, its been cold and miserable here in Melbourne the last few weeks and the motivation to go to teh shed is low…!!!
OK, will post as soon as I can again…


at last…the dinghy moves

After a delay of a few months the new workshop is built and the boat has moved into its new home. not as spacious as the old spot but nevertheless is a roof over our heads.
Looking forward to getting back into the build.


Wow…apologies for the long interval between posts…

Sorry for being so long getting back on to the blog…been a surreal few months. As you probably know I finished work last month and am having a break until after Christmas and to go with the break theme…I broke my ankle in a sailing accident!! And it doesn’t rain but it pours…Tracey my wife went into hospital for a major op and was bed ridden for 4 weeks. And now it’s Christmas! Yahoo…I love this time of year.
I have been able to do little bits and pieces on the Argie and will update the dinghy page just after Christmas.
On a different note some people I know tat are building a beautiful cat called Binary ( checkout the scrumble project) are about to be visited by a cyclone as well as Santa so spare. Thought or prayer that they and others will be safe. Good luck Tom and Judy.
See you all again soon…

Stormy weather…as the song goes!

Well what a beaut of a storm last night and the night before. And I have found out that my garage is not delugue proof!! I had stacked all the nicely prepared dinghy parts post cutout sanding and smooting against a wall and hey presto that is exactly where the garage leaked. it is marine ply so no swelling etc issues just now need to dry them out before epoxying them. Hopefully will be ready by saturday to start…

All in all not a major drama and I hope everyone in this area that got damage are all at least safe and sound. My daughters kitechen roof looks like my belly after a good feed!!! It will have to come down. Somethign else to use my DIY skills on…hehe!

Keep well all…

The Dinghy Plans arrived…

The Dudley Dix Argie 15 plans have arrived and I have bought the 6 sheets of ply required. This weekend I will start the lofting, well its not really lofting from a table, its more copying ddimensions off a drawing. Dudley has made a very clear set of plans and I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty with wood.

Will post pictures int he Dinghy page when I have them.