Gee, been busy, very busy, with lots of things except the boat. Have not been able to get near it for a while. The last time I got to do anything was when I started to fit the internal bulkheads/seat uprights and BANG…they didn’t fit…!!! So I know what I get back to it there will eb a fari bit of working out. I figured out why they dont fit. The cut-out sizes are spot on ot the plans but I did not follow what Dudley said regarding epoxy and now I am paying for it. Will fill you in with some photos when I unbury the boat from under my daughters house stuff.
Also, its been cold and miserable here in Melbourne the last few weeks and the motivation to go to teh shed is low…!!!
OK, will post as soon as I can again…
After a delay of a few months the new workshop is built and the boat has moved into its new home. not as spacious as the old spot but nevertheless is a roof over our heads.
Looking forward to getting back into the build.
Today we epoxyed and taped half the hull and I am very happy with the outcome. HOWEVER long term readers will note the WE I used in the sentence. Today Trace (my wife) and I worked on the boat together…this was a great step forward in my life. If you have read the very start of this blog you will see that one of my goals it to have a wife and a boat. Today was the first time when the two of us have worked together on the dinghy AND she liked it. It was really fun for the two of us to work on the boat together, real fun. Now I know how Judy and Tom feel. Its good to have a sidekick (both ways).
Anyway, Have a look at th enewly layed out Dinghy page and its sub pages…
See you soon.
Mick AND Trace
I have tidied up the layout of the pages on the blog. This home page will still have the latest announcements. The DH550 now has all the info on the DH550 and the build. I have discovered how to do sub pages so when you scroll over the page tab you will see the pages that I have created on various aspects of the DH550. The Dinghy page is still a bit of a mess but I will get to tidy that up some time. And the Pre-Work page contains all the pre work done before I choose to go with the DH550. It contains musings about masts, various designs, and other stuff.
Unfortunately I have to move the dinghy build from where i was working. This meant building a 7.5 by 7 by 2.8 carport at my house. So the last month or so has been doing this rather than working on the dinghy, hence no real updates. The carport has now got the framing completed so next are the purlins, facia, gutter and roof sheeting. Then I will move the dinghy.
On another front I just found a new catamaran build blog and the build is of a Dix470, very similar to the DH550 I am going to build. you can find it on blogspot under “DIx470.blogspot”. Good luck to him.
PS, just waiting for the roof steel to arrive…
The sructure is finished, just waiting for steel
At last I have updated the dinghy page with progress photos and some learnings. Enjoy.
The Build Progresses